We strive for equity – to provide exactly what each learner needs, maximising their potential and fostering an unwaveringly positive outlook that is healthy and vibrant for all.
Be yourself. Be brilliant.
… is to support all vulnerable learners, raising their aspirations through high quality engaging education which empowers and liberates their futures.
At The Keystone Academy, we believe that:
- Learning should be exciting and purposeful
- Every student should have the opportunity to reach their full potential, whatever that may be, regardless of their abilities, needs, disposition or background
- Neurodivergence should be celebrated and seen as a strength
- Nurturing the whole child prepares them for success and happiness in school and life
- Students learn best in a safe and respectful environment
- We can overcome challenges and achieve great things through collaboration
We believe our approach to education will ensure that all students leave Keystone Academy happy, well-balanced, life-long learners who are well prepared for their future beyond school.
By nurturing our students to acquire a repertoire of skills and knowledge anchored around their personal pathways, we will support them to progress towards high quality post-16 destinations. We will adapt to individual needs and provide a bespoke curriculum for academic, vocational as well as social and emotional learning. This well-rounded approach will support and encourage all students to achieve their highest possible outcomes, enabling them to realise their hopes and dreams.
Principles and values
The key principles to achieving our vision and approach are captured in the YES Trust’s overarching goal to help everyone embrace and experience positive C.H.A.N.G.E by promoting a positive attitude and the ability to succeed in life:
- Challenge yourself – Through bespoke teaching pathways we help all students challenge their ability, fostering accelerated progress no matter their starting points. Giving students clear pathways to improvement destinations in all areas of personal growth (academic, vocational, personal, social and emotional).
- Help each other – Though all academies serve different cohorts and needs within their student bodies, we are committed to helping all achieve their true potential. Within each academy there is the explicit view that we are one community working together to benefit all. Together we learn, challenge and succeed.
- Aspire to be great – No idea is a bad idea, and through our academies we foster curiosity and creativity. Our individual academies all have innovative models of delivery, which help every young person find their niche so they aspire to be great.
- Nurture your potential – With a rich and deep curriculum in every academy we foster individual talent, stretching them to obtain higher qualification in their respective educational fields
- Grow as an individual – We focus on each student’s skills and interests to help target specific study on progression into further / higher education, training and / or employment. With access to internal and external career days, all our students are equipped to make informed choices when they move onto their next step.
- Enjoy learning – It is important to invigorate every student to love education so they can become confident lifelong learners. All our academies foster this in students inspiring them through well produced educational content and curriculum models, educational visits and guest speakers, allowing each student to realise they can succeed and will be a success.